Welcome to Bookmobile
We offer our publishers online management tools that make working with Bookmobile convenient and easy.
Don’t know where to start?
General File Guidelines for Printing, scroll below
Print Proofs, What to Expect and Common Questions
Guidelines for Black-and-White Halftones
Print Settings Files for Color Interiors and Covers
Guidelines for Foil Stamping, Embossing, and Debossing
Paper Stocks and Options
Print Ready File Checklist and Resources
- The file is a high-quality PDF with all fonts and images embedded.
- The PDF is exported as single pages, not spreads.
- The PDF file has no crop marks (preferably) and is to the final trim size.
- If crop marks are included, they fall outside of the 1/8″ bleed area.
- The file includes at least 3/8″ margins on all four sides, unless the images bleed.
- The page has a 1/8″ bleed beyond the trim size on all four sides to accommodate images and/or graphics that extend to the edge of the page.
- Bleeds not specified in quote may affect cost. Select the “use document bleed setting” in the print dialog when creating the PDF.
- Images are high-resolution (at least 300 DPI) and embedded.
- For black and white printing, color images in the interior have been converted to black ink only.
- For color printing, color images have preferably NOT been converted to CMYK.
- To have your color and PDF creation options set automatically, please download and install the Bookmobile settings files. Please note this is for color interiors and covers only.
- The file is a high-quality PDF with all fonts and images high-resolution (at least 300 DPI) and embedded.
- All color should preferably be RGB.
- The file includes 1/8″ bleed beyond the trim size on all four sides. Select the “Use Document bleed setting” in the print dialog when creating PDF.
- Crop marks are included and are outside the 1/8″ bleed area.
- Images and type not intended to be trimmed off must be at least 3/16″ away from final trim edges.
- Spine width corresponds to page count (spine width is included in quote).
- Spine type respects 1/16″ margins from spine edges.
- The bar code is included. If not, let your customer service representative know that you need a bar code. Your customer service representative will need the ISBN and retail price.
- Total ink sum of cyan, magenta, yellow, and black values do not exceed 270.
- Recommendation for a CMYK rich black—30c, 20m, 20y, 100k—. For RGB, the normal RGB black—R=0, G=0, B=0, works fine. When this RGB black is converted into the CMYK workspace, it creates a rich mix.
- Cover files can be tricky: contact Bookmobile for a cover template.