About Bookmobile Printing Services
Serving Book Publishers Since 1982
Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Bookmobile provides book printing, graphic design, and other resources to support book publishers in an ever-changing environment. Superior quality, excellent customer service, flexibility, and timely turnarounds have attracted over 1,100 satisfied clients to Bookmobile, including trade houses, university presses, independent publishers, museums, galleries, artists, and more.
Bookmobile's Quality and Options
Bookmobile was founded in 1982 as a typesetting house for book publishers, but it soon expanded into a full range of services. Bookmobile launched its Print-on-Demand services in December of 1996, and it remains a pioneer in book production.
There's no need to choose between standard or premium quality at Bookmobile—all books are of the highest quality, and books are never produced sight unseen.
Each Bookmobile book run includes exceptional quality control standards ensuring that each book meets over 60 criteria during the production process. These stringent production standards produce the highest quality books. Bookmobile also offers innumerable production options, including a variety of paper stocks and trim sizes, from 3" x 4" to 12" x 12". Unlike other short-run printers, Bookmobile can produce French flaps, color inserts, foldout inserts, embossing, debossing, printed end sheets, and more. Check out the Bookmobile Gallery for options and inspiration, and contact us for a quote.
Bookmobile responds to client inquiries within 24 hours with quotes, schedules, production queries, and answers to any questions. Bookmobile's customer service representatives draw on over 35 years of experience and give every book the attention and care it deserves. Get started with a quote!
Want to join our team? Looking for job openings? Contact our Human Resources Manager, Rossanna Castellanos.
- Bookmobile installs Xerox Iridesse color printers, which use less fuser oil than previous color printers, so they deliver a smooth, offset-like finish, and the color is more pure. As books and cover print, the printers are automatically calibrated and adjusted for color, so even a long print run has consistent color throughout.
- Bookmobile adds saddle stitch as a binding option
- Bookmobile becomes a print provider for the Chicago Distribution Center, to automatically replenish inventory
- Cardozo Fine Art publishes the historic republication of Edward S. Curtis's The North American Indian, with Bookmobile as the printer and binder
- Bookmobile offers soft-touch velvet matte lamination, in addition to our standard layflat matte and gloss laminations
- Bookmobile offers a new hardcover option: a cloth linen hardcover case with an inset cover image
- Bookmobile becomes an Etsy Manufacturing print provider
- Bookmobile installs a Xerox 1000i color printer to increase our capacity for art book printing.
- Bookmobile becomes a Kickstarter Creators' Resource.
- Bookmobile adds a PUR binder for fine art and photo book printing.
- Bookmobile increases its trim size maximum to 12" x 12" for custom paperback and custom hardcover printing.
- Bookmobile celebrates 33 years and Don Leeper's Blog post about Bookmobile's history becomes our most popular Blog post yet!
- Bookmobile offers die cut covers.
- Bookmobile starts to manage production for Coffee House Press.
- Bookmobile launches new logo, brand, website, and tag line, “Craft digital.”
- Bookmobile begins transferring all black and white printing to Océ VarioPrint 6320s.
- Bookmobile installs new foil stamper, which allows production of large-area foil stamps for hardcovers and paperbacks, and embossing or debossing dust jackets and paperback covers.
- Bookmobile partners with Ware-Pak to provide Automatic Print Replenishment to clients.
- Read about Bookmobile's most successful client, Barcelona Publishers, here.
- Bookmobile's first ACS4 (Adobe Content Server 4) client goes live to sell Digital Rights Management-protected eBooks from their website.
- Bookmobile is a licensed ACS4 provider. ACS4 gives publishers the option of Direct-to-Consumer sales of eBooks from their own website, with copy-protection provided.
- Bookmobile's first app for Hazelden goes live.
- Bookmobile distributes Hazelden’s apps.
- Read about one of Hazelden’s most innovative and successful apps, Field Guide to Life.
- Bookmobile develops the Bookslinger app for Consortium Book Sales and Distribution.
- Bookmobile launches D2C Automatic Print Replenishment for OR Books. OR Books sells D2C exclusively, to bookstores on a nonreturnable basis, and to Amazon as a third-party vendor.
- Bookmobile prints book 4,000,001.
- Bookmobile launches true Print-on-Demand services for University of Minnesota Press.
- Bookmobile CEO Don Leeper receives Kay Sexton Award in recognition of his long-standing dedication and outstanding work in fostering books, reading, and literary activity in Minnesota.
- Bookmobile prints book 2,000,001.
- Bookmobile prints book 1,000,001
- Bookmobile introduces hardcover binding line.
- Bookmobile begins distribution operation, Itasca Books.
- Bookmobile launches digital book printing operation.
- Bookmobile begins acting as a print agent for literary and scholarly publishers.
- Bookmobile founded as Stanton Publication Services to provide composition for university presses.