A Bestiary by Lily Hong, published by the Cleveland State University Poetry Center, is a great example of the breadth of options available with Bookmobile’s short-run digital book printing. Not many—if any—other short-run printers can do a 30″-square gold foil stamp on a paperback cover!
Bookmobile has been working with the CSU Poetry Center since 2014. Founded in 1962, they’ve published over 200 contemporary poetry and prose titles and are distributed by Small Press Distribution. In addition to publishing, the CSU Poetry Center actively promotes poetry and prose through readings, art events, writing conferences, and and an intern program with Cleveland State University.
Digital Book Printing
Unlike other short-run book printers, Bookmobile provides a wide range of flexible trim sizes, color inserts, foil stamping on paperback covers, debossing, embossing, translucent vellum dust jackets or inserts, end sheets for paperbacks, French flaps, and more. See our Gallery for a sampling of the incredible variety we offer.
We can foil stamp, emboss, and deboss custom hardcover cases, dust jackets, and custom paperback covers. A Bestiary was bound with a 4-color cover printed on 10-pt. C1S stock with matte lay-flat film lamination, then hit with a gold foil stamp.
Interested in adding a foil stamp to the next title you send for digital book printing? Be sure to read through our Guidelines and Recommendations.
What are the other options we offer for Digital Book Printing?
- Die cut your cover.
- Add French flaps. We can finally produce French flaps on a trim size larger than 6″ x 9″. Contact your CSR for details, because the maximum size and the flap width depends on your book’s trim size and page count.
- Go bigger on trim sizes, both portrait and landscape! 11-1/2″ square is no longer our limit—we can now produce up to 12″ square.
- Use a linen cloth hardcover case, with a large-area foil stamp, for maximum impact.
- Print your galleys in color! Our pricing is affordable.
- Provide us with CDs in sleeves to bind in or CDs in adhesive-backed envelopes to adhere to the inside back cover.
- Print your cover on uncoated card stock.
- Print your cover on uncoated card stock, then deboss it.
- Print your cover on uncoated card stock, then add a foil stamp.
- Use a foil stamp on your paperback cover.
- Use a blind emboss or deboss on your paperback cover.
- Use an odd trim size.
- Supply us with letterpress printed or screen-printed covers for binding.
- Use a 2-color/hit foil stamp.
- Wrap a dust jacket on your paperback, either full or partial. Or use translucent vellum!
- Add color inserts to a black-and-white interior.
- Add colored end sheets to your paperback.
- Print on the colored end sheets.
- Use a three-piece case for your hardcover.
- Print on the inside of your cover.
- Add a fold-out insert.
- Add translucent vellum interior insert pages.
- Have us bind your book into a blank cardstock cover, and then take it to a speciality binder for a fancy finish.
- Have us print and bind a plain book, then age it and soak it in ink when you get it.
- Add sparkly end sheets to your hardcover.
- Create a flip book.
- Plastic spiral or wire-o bind your book.
Interested in what Bookmobile can do for you? Contact me!