We’re happy to introduce a new service at Bookmobile, wire-o hardcover binding! We’ve tested and tested, and we can successfully and beautifully wire-o bind a hardcover case.
Hardcover wire-o binding is a great option for a cookbook, coloring book, notebook, or journal, among others—it’s a durable cover with a binding that lays open flat. The cost of our hardcover wire-o binding is similar to our pricing for a hardcover with a printed case.
Hardcover Wire Binding
Our hardcover wire-o binding does not have a spine. The options we currently offer are:
- white or black wire-o
- a four-color printed case with gloss or matte lamination
- a Rainbow Antique paper case, with foil stamping as an option
- for the inside front and back covers, a printed or Rainbow Antique paper endsheet
Paperback Wire Binding, or Plastic Spiral Binding
And we do offer wire-o and also plastic spiral binding for paperback weight covers! Our paperback covers come in 10 or 12 pt. C1S, with gloss, matte, and soft-touch matte laminations available.
Plastic Spiral Binding
Margin and Hole Punch Specs
We recommend that text have at least 1/2″ to 5/8″ of a gutter margin, for ease of reading.
On larger page counts, the holes punch into about 3/16″ in the gutter, and we do two holes per inch.
On smaller page counts, the holes punch into about 1/4″ in the gutter, and we do three holes per inch.
The hole diameters are:
- approximately 1/8″ for round holes (used for plastic spiral binding)
- approximately 1/8″ for square holes for up to about 5/8″ thickness books
- approximately 1/4″ for square holes for 2/1 punch for thicker books