Bookmobile has been providing custom book printing for publishers, museums, galleries, artists, and fine art photographers since 1996.
What is custom book printing?
Most book printing is custom book printing, except with Print-on-Demand (POD) printers who only offer set trim sizes and specifications. Those POD printers use an automated process with bar coding to run books through production. They are a good choice for printing one book or ten books, but for printing 25 or more copies, custom book printing is the way to go.
At offset book printers, and at short-run digital printers like Bookmobile, no book produced is like any another. All books vary by trim size, page count, interior stock, cover stock, ink color, etc. Our print clients have a lot of options:
- Trim sizes from 3″ x 4″ up to 12″ x 12″.
- Page counts from 16 up to 1,430.
- Seventeen interior stocks to choose from, from 50- to 100-lb., natural and white, uncoated and coated (gloss or matte).
- Thirty-one cover stocks to choose from, 10- and 12-pt. C1S cover stock, plus a variety of colored card stocks and rainbow papers.
- Matte or gloss lay-flat film lamination for covers.
- Binding options including perfect, PUR, spiral, and wire-o.
What sets us apart from other custom book printers?
Bookmobile began as a graphic design and typesetting firm, working with distinguished publishers like Graywolf Press and the University of Minnesota Press. With our 33-year-old background as book designers, we know exactly the level of quality publishers, museums, galleries, and artists expect and demand. All of Bookmobile’s books go through our high-quality production process, with experienced staff that closely monitor every stage, using over 60 quality check-points along the way.
Furthermore, Bookmobile offers the largest selection of unique print options, like the variety of interior paper stock choices, color inserts, full-color interiors, French flaps, and even translucent vellum dust jackets. For a full range of the choices available, browse our Gallery or read More Ways to Embellish Your Print Books.
Ready for a Quote?
I look forward to hearing from you!